четверг, 21 марта 2013 г.

The complete and utter stupidity of Springpad developers

Back when I was surfing around for a good note-taking application I discovered Springpad and quickly fell in love. The interface was pretty and gorgeous looking, enhanced even more with the ability to add background images from Flickr. It just made note-taking fun and simple. I didn’t need the versatility of Evernote or the complexity of Microsoft’s OneNote. Nice and simple will do it for me.


And then, (and this is why I hate Pinterest’s estrogen powered popularity and wish they would just DIE), Springpad decides, without beta testing, without any warning at all, to completely make their service more like… well, Pinterest. Because that’s innovation, or something, ripping off somebody else’s design.


In the same way Firefox developers decided to mimic Chrome instead of simply improving on Firefox code, turning their once awesome browser into a bloated pile of horse fecal matter, Springpad completely upended and destroyed my daily workflow of keeping notes and checklists of things I needed to keep track of or get done.


What is it with coders’ obsessive need to change around the interface of their software applications every five minutes? Would the design of a car dramatically be better if the engineers decided, “Hey. let’s put the steering wheel in the trunk! WINNING!” Because that’s in essence what these schmucky, schmuck headed, schmuck balled developers are doing.


I’m sticking with the basic note-taking app on my iPhone/iPad now, you know, an app that I can rest in the knowledge won’t drastically change every five minutes. Up yours, Springpad.


The post The complete and utter stupidity of Springpad developers appeared first on The Habitation of Justice.




The Habitation of Justice

,



Share

The complete and utter stupidity of Springpad developers

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий