четверг, 21 марта 2013 г.

PROST from Munich


Since it is officially the start of Oktoberfest this post has perfect timing. Today’s post is from the city of Munich, home of the largest beer drinking festival in the world!



Vlog #14: Contiki European Panorama: Munich, Germany


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwulpKe-v_4



Munich


Munich, Germany


Beer Steins - Rhine Valley, Germany


We only had one night in Munich, so what did we do when we got there? Drink beer! And where else but a tradition German beer hall, Hofbrauhaus, a very famous and popular one right in the heart of the city.


Hofbrauhaus- Munich, Germany


Nothing starts a good night off then a glass of beer bigger than my face.


I normally don’t drink beer back home but I am seriously loving all the Czech and German beers. What’s going on North America, where’s all the good beer?


Hofbrauhaus- Munich, Germany


Another thing I had to have in Germany was sausage and sauerkraut, another thing North America is lacking. I loved this delicious fermented cabbage, it’s sweet, salty and crunchy all at the same time. Then pair it with a creamy, fatty, juicy sausage and you’ve got a plate of WIN. I will give one warning though, sauerkraut can make you very, very flatulent. Hence always bring Beano with you to Germany- it will save your life.


Hofbrauhaus- Munich, Germany


Rhine Valley


If you head up north along the Rhine River you will find yourself in the Rhine Valley, home to hundreds of castles and Riesling grapes!


Rhine River- Rhine Valley, Germany


Rhine River- Rhine Valley, Germany


And since I obviously didn’t have enough alcohol in Munich (sarcasm), it seemed only right to do a Riesling wine tasting!


Now I don’t have any particular favorites when it comes to white wines and the only other white wine tasting I have done before was in Gisborne, New Zealand. So, I not sure how helpful my opinion is. Overall I wasn’t a huge fan of the white Riesling wines; too sweet for me. However, their ice wine was AMAZING. But I guess that is what tasting is for, so you can figure out which ones you prefer.


Oh alcohol!


PROST from Munich is a post from: Nadine Sykora | Hey Nadine


PROST from Munich |Hey Nadine




Hey Nadine



Share

PROST from Munich

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий